Yesterday The Bloggess posted a compilation of tweets in which her followers confessed their embarrassing misconceptions. You must visit it, because it is hilarious.
My contribution is below. What are yours?
1. I used to think that “flying” somewhere meant you strapped wings on your back like Icarus and Daedalus.
2. When I was preschool age, I thought that to make a baby, a woman had to put her nipple inside the hole in a man’s penis. (In my defense, I thought this because my mother had said that the woman’s parts fit with the man’s parts. However, she didn’t specify which parts.)
3. I also thought that sex had something to do with yard maintenance, because my mother said that the man “fertilized” the woman’s egg.
4. Until I was in college, I thought that the lyrics to “Jet Airliner” were “big old Carolina.” (I always wondered which one—North or South?)
5. I was also in college when someone disabused me of the notion that Eeyore is an elephant. (He’s fat and grey. Apparently, the pinned-on tail thing went right over my head—as did the fact that he has no trunk.)
Photo credits: Amazon.com, Disney.com