Abby Byrd mothers, frets, writes, teaches, and corrects other people’s grammar in an undisclosed location on the East coast of the United States of America. Her work has appeared on Huffington Post and Scary Mommy, among other sites, and in three anthologies. She is seeking an agent for a memoir about her decade-long search for a partner and why correct use of the semicolon may not be the most important quality in a mate. Follow her on Facebook and Twitter.
Abby also does freelance editing. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t bother sending admonitions or prayers. She has a robot monkey assistant that filters that shit out.
Disclaimer: You may be offended by the content of this blog if any of the following descriptors apply to you.
- You have no sense of humor.
- You don’t understand satire.
- You’re offended by foul language, penis-shaped candles, or pumpkin-flavored personal lubricant.
- You’re the kind of Christian who thinks Ronald Reagan was the second coming of Christ.
- You’re a clown. Like, a real clown.
- You’re my hipsterdouche ex-boyfriend from 2005.
- You have a truck, and it has nuts.
- You collect teddy bears.
- Your self-worth is derived from whatever multi-level marketing scheme you participate in.
- You put apostrophes in words that are plural but not possessive. God, you have no idea how much I hate you.
Catch Abby on the Inside Voice podcast:
On Huffington Post:
On Scary Mommy:
On In the Powder Room:
On The Good Men Project:
On the humor site The Reject Pile:
On the humor site The Big Jewel:
On the Erma Bombeck Writer’s Workshop:
On Sammiches and Psych Meds/MockMom:
- The Progressive Family’s Guide to Chick-Fil-A
- Protesting Christians Say Kotex Holiday Tampons “Too Secular”
- Breaking: Paula Deen Still Racist as F*ck
- We Just Want to Take Your Kid in this Shed and Teach Him About Jesus (by Some Clowns)
- 70% of Moms of Boys are Big Fat Poopy Butts
- Teen Trends: The Kim Kardashian Butt Challenge
- Mom, Thank You For Solving the Mystery of My Paternity on National Television
- Teen Trends: Putting a Whole Goddamn Orange In Your Mouth
- Teen Trends: The Minstrel Orgy
- You and I Both Know You’re Not Gonna Take a Nap, So Let’s Cut the Shit
- Hipster Mom Admits to Liking Olive Garden, Ostracized By Community
- How To Get More Energy By Siphoning the Life Force From Carly at the Gym
As a guest poster on these blogs:
Abandoning Pretense (The Internet on Sex: Stop Telling Us What Normal Is)
Welcome to the Bundle (Zoloft for Breakfast)